Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 15107
QuickBooks Payroll and Desktop programmes are both affected by Error 15107. This problem frequently occurs as a result of faulty Windows registries and QuickBooks uapdates.
What Is Error Code 15107 In QuickBooks?
Periodically, Intuit provides updates for its Payroll programme. It is available for download and installation on all users’ systems.
However, mistakes can also occur when updating QuickBooks. The most noticeable of these issues has the error code 15107. Users may experience this problem while updating.
QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15107: Why Does It Occur?
These are the reasons for which you might be facing QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15107:
- The registry or windows might be corrupt.
- QuickBooks update was incomplete.
- A faulty QuickBooks update resulted in the error 15107.
Solutions for QB Payroll Update Error 15107
With an array of Payroll updates error 15107 solutions, you can resolve your issue quickly.
Solution 1 : Download the update again
- Close the QB desktop application first.
- Second, access the following directory: C:ProgramDataIntuitQuickBooksXXComponents. The XX in this pathname denotes the active version of QB. For instance, it will download QB17 if the user already has the QuickBooks payroll 2017 edition.
- Rename the old name after that. Name the folder, for instance, DownloadQBxx.OLD (XX=17 in our case).
- Open QuickBooks after you have changed the folder’s name.
- Then, select Update of the accounting software from the help menu, then click the update now button.
- Check the box marked “reset updates” otherwise. The update will be undone.
Finally, redownload the most recent update (through the getting updates button). After that, shut down and reopen the programme. Finally, select Install now to carry on with the procedure.
Solution 2: Install & Use QuickBooks File Doctor
- Firstly, download and install the QB tool hub.
- Open the tool hub, and go to the company file issues tab. It will show the QB file doctor. Run this tool.
- Now, browse through options and choose the company file.
- Then, check the file and network, and then click continue.
- Fill the QB Admin Password, and choose next.
The error will be fixed once the scan is finished. If the size of the firm files is too huge, scanning the data may take some time.
Solution 3: Go to normal startup mode
Here, we use the run box to resolve QuickBooks error code 15107.
- To begin with, go to the Run box and press WINDOWS+R.
- Here, type MSCONFIG and press enter.
- After that, look for the normal startup, and click it.
- After the process is complete, restart the computer and save all the changes.
Solution 4: Running Reboot.bat file
- Close QuickBooks Desktop first, then navigate to its icon on the desktop.
- Open the file location after selecting properties from the context menu of the icon.
- Enter reboot.bat in the search box on the upper right of the page.
- Right-click on the reboot/reboot.bat extension when you see it.
- Run as administrator by clicking. In the event of a pop-up, select YES.
- Restart the device after that, then launch QuickBooks.
- Click Update now when the installation prompt appears.
Solution 5: Run the QuickBooks Tool Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub is an excellent resource for resolving QuickBooks error code 15107 and other QuickBooks-related issues.
- Install and then download the QuickBooks Tool Hub first.
- Click Program issues, QuickFix my Program, and then click Run.
- It may take several minutes to complete this operation. Reopen the software after it’s finished.
Solution 6: Uninstall/ reinstall QuickBooks (Selective startup)
Before conducting QuickBooks Desktop clean installation, note down the license number, product number, and other details. Press F2/ ctrl key with 1 number key to get this data.
- First, open the run box, enter MSCONFIG, and click OK.
- Then, open the current window screen, look for the General tab, and click the selective startup option.
- Keep the load startup option unmarked.
- Click OK, then a pop-up appears, after this, click restart.
At last, download the QuickBooks. Thereafter, update QuickBooks Desktop by uninstalling and reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop app.
Solution 7: Install the Digital Signature Certificate
- Follow this path:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks XX. (In our example, the QuickBooks version was 2017)
- At the top right corner, there is a search bar. Insert the QBW32.exe file and right-click on QBW32. It opens a list, select properties on the list.
- At last, look for digital signatures, and click Intuit from this list. In the details, you will see the Install certificate.
- Click on it and finish the process.
After successful import, restart the device, download and install the update again. It will resolve the QuickBooks error 15107.
We hope that this information will help you fix QuickBooks problem 15107. Get immediate technical support to resolve QuickBooks error 15107 by calling Kayabooks Error Support at +1 (800) 443-6819 if the aforementioned steps don’t resolve your issues.