How to Fix QuickBooks Unexpected Error Number 5
One of the QuickBooks faults that affects different QuickBooks versions, including QuickBooks Point of Sale, is QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5. When opening QuickBooks functions, installing POS hardware, or accessing the company file in a multi-user configuration, QuickBooks Error Code 5 may appear. You can find all of the workarounds that Intuit® has recommended, along with step-by-step instructions, in this article. To avoid wasting time trying to fix QuickBooks Desktop error 5, we advise using the solutions in the order they are listed.
Causes of QuickBooks’ unexpected error number 5
- The main causes of error code 5 in QuickBooks Desktop and POS are network connection issues that disrupt communication between the company file and the workstation.
- Unexpected error 5 in QuickBooks can also be caused by corrupt company or network data files.
- In Multi-User mode, the Windows User account lacks the necessary permissions to access the company file.
- QuickBooks error 5 and many other application errors are brought on by an outdated QuickBooks Desktop application.
How to Remove QuickBooks Error Message 5 in Simple Steps
Before implementing the accompanying troubleshooting actions, be sure to update QuickBooks Desktop to the most recent version that has been made available.
- Launch QuickBooks using an admin account or right-click it and select Run as Administrator.
- When prompted, enter the admin account’s login credentials and press Enter.
- Go to the Help tab and select the Update QuickBooks Desktop… option to proceed further with the update process.
- Now go to the Update Now tab and select all the features you want to get the updates for.
- Click the Get Updates option and exit QuickBooks once the updates are downloaded.
- Click the Install Now button after you rerun QuickBooks.
Solution 1: Recreate QuickBooks Company File User
Steps to Remove the User
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, and from under the Company tab, select Users.
- Select the option that says Set up Users and Roles.
- Now from under the User List, select the user and click Delete.
- Press Yes for the confirmation.
Steps to Re-Create the User
- Go to the Users and Roles page and select New.
- Enter the username for this new user.
- Type your password and confirm the action.
- Now set the roles for the user and click OK.
Solution 2: Using File Doctor, restore corrupted network and company files.
In a multi-user hosting setup, QB File Doctor fixes corrupted company files and networks and grants the user the appropriate folder permissions to access the company file.
- To access QuickBooks File Doctor, you will first need to install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- QuickBooks users using 2020 or later versions of QuickBooks Desktop can directly visit the Tool Hub download page by clicking the QuickBooks Tool Hub option under the Help tab.
- If you can’t find the Tool Hub option under the Help tab, search it online and go to the official Intuit website to download Tool Hub.
- Once downloaded, run the setup file named “QuickBoosToolHub.exe” and begin the installation.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation, and once installed, launch it using the shortcut icon that you will find on your desktop screen.
- Go to the Company File Issues tab in QuickBooks and select QuickBooks File Doctor to begin the file repair process.
- Browse the company file and select it.
- Click Check your File option and hit Continue.
- QuickBooks File Doctor will now automatically find and repair the issues in the company file that will eventually help you resolve the error.
Follow our article How to Repair Damaged Network and Company File Using QuickBooks File Doctor for more thorough instructions on how to fix broken networks and company files.
Solution 3: Turn-off User Account Control on Windows
A Windows feature called User Account Control prevents unauthorised changes to the Windows operating system. It becomes necessary to disable this in order to access the company file in QuickBooks if it is enabled on your system because it may restrict your ability to access the company file.
- Click the Start button from the left bottom corner of your Windows Desktop.
- Select Control Panel from the list of programs at the right-side panel.
- From the search bar at the top, search for User Account.
- Now select User Account and then click Change User Account Control Settings.
- Click Yes and move the slider to Never Notify.
- Click OK and restart Windows.
- Try to rerun QuickBooks and if you are still getting the “System Error. Code: 5 Access Denied” error message, then follow the next troubleshooting step.
- If the error is resolved, make sure to turn on the UAC on Windows to ensure the proper functioning of Windows security features.
Solution 4: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
As a last resort, we must reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop application if none of the troubleshooting steps work.
- Press Windows + R and type appwiz.cpl and click OK.
- Double-click QuickBooks and follow the instructions displayed on the screen to completely remove the application and its features from Windows.
- Click the link and visit the QuickBooks Desktop Download page.
- Select the correct product and version and then click Search.
- Now click Download and open the setup file from the downloads of your computer.
- Follow the instructions to install the application.
For any reason, if you are still having trouble fixing Unexpected Error 5 in QuickBooks, we advise contacting us at +1 (800) 443-6819 for assistance. We use cutting-edge tools and screen sharing that improve our ability to identify the error’s primary cause and give you an immediate fix in the shortest amount of time.