Using the QuickBooks app on your device makes it simple to quickly examine corporate files. However, there are situations when the software won’t let you open the data files.The -6000 series’ error code 6000 77 for QuickBooks can be found here. If there is damage to the company file, this error code may appear. The identical issue might arise if you store your data files on your device’s external storage. You need to resolve the issue 6000 77 immediately soon because your file is essential for a number of reasons.
What Causes the QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77?
The QuickBooks software’s error 6000 77 may be brought on by a damaged data file that is locally saved on your computer. You can also check to see whether you placed the files in a folder where they are inaccessible.
Other reasons are as follows:
- This software’s data files may somehow be damaged.
- An incorrect mapped path to the storage location of the files might cause the error.
- The data files may be stored in a cloud location.
- Windows Firewall could be interrupting the software’s activities.
- The accounting software is being operated in Multi-user Mode.
How can You Fix the QuickBooks Error -6000 -77?
If you are aware of the causes of the error -6000 -77 code, you can resolve it quickly. For instance, if a corporate file is damaged, you should attempt to fix it to finish the troubleshooting process. There are more fixes that you ought to try in order to address the error code.
Fix 1: Change the Broken Storage Folder
If the folder you’re using to store your company’s data files is damaged, QuickBooks may produce the error number 6000 77. Here, it could be helpful to consider trying to make a new folder to store them. On your Windows device, you can begin creating a new folder from the C: Drive.
- Open the “File Explorer” window by hitting the “Windows” + “E” keys.
- Find the folder “C: Drive”.
- Create a new folder here.
- Name it “Test Folder”.
- Move to the folder where you store your QuickBooks files.
- Look for the file name that ends with “.qbw”.
- Right-tap on the same.
- Select “Copy”.
- Now, open the “Test Folder” you created.
- Right-click on it.
- Tap on “Paste”.
Launch the accounting programme on your computer. Open the software data files in the “Test Folder” if you can. See if the issue is still present.
Fix 2: Choose an Alternative Path for the Company File
The company files open using the accounting programme on a standard path when you access them. The error 6000 77 may result from it if it is faulty.
By setting up a different path, you can stop the software from automatically opening the data files. The No Company Open window, which displays after you run a file, is where you may do that.
- On your device, right-tap on the accounting software’s icon.
- Press the “Ctrl” key.
- Select “Run as Administrator”.
- Now, it will prevent the company file from opening automatically.
- Next, you will be prompted to the “No Company Open” window.
- Go to the option of “Tab”.
- Click on the “Open or Restore Company” option.
- Hit “Open a Company File”.
- After this, opt for “Next”.
- Hit the “Network” option.
- Head to the location where you saved the company data files.
Fix 3: Change the QuickBooks Files Extension
Sometimes having a corrupt support file on your device can cause the QuickBooks error code -6000 -77. To solve the problem in this instance, consider changing the extension of the file. The extensions to be noted are ND and.TLG.
- Open the software on your desktop.
- Hit the “F2” key.
- Wait for the “Product Information” window to open.
- The location of the company files should be noted.
- Now, hit the “Windows” icon on your system.
- Open “File Explorer” from there.
- As you get directed to the next window, paste the copied location in the search panel.
- This will direct you to the software’s company file folder.
- Find the file names that end with “.ND” and “.TLG”.
- Right-tap on the said files.
- “Rename” the files by adding “.OLD” to their names.
- Hit the “Enter” key to successfully rename them.
How to Troubleshoot Error Code 6000 77 in QuickBooks Desktop?
Because you are using the desktop version of the program, you might occasionally encounter error 6000 77. With the help of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, you can resolve any issues with the company file.
The utility will attempt to fix this error number since it relates to a file problem. It functions by scanning a selected file. When the file size is large, the process could take longer. Otherwise, you can use this programme to rapidly fix the QuickBooks Desktop issue -6000 -77.
How Do You Resolve Error 6000 77 in QuickBooks Enterprise?
Your device is shielded from any potential threats by an application or website thanks to Windows Firewall. If you haven’t excluded the accounting software from the firewall’s scanner, it can stop you from doing something. Then, the QuickBooks Enterprise error code 6000 77 may appear as a result of this circumstance.
To settle the problem, try changing the settings of the Firewall.
- Go to the “Windows” icon on your computer and click on it.
- Head to the “Windows Search Box”.
- Enter “Windows Firewall” in that box.
- Hit “Search”.
- Come to the left of the menu that appears.
- Click on the option “Advanced Settings”.
- Find “Inbound Rules”.
- Right-tap on the said option.
- Choose “New Rule”.
- Hit “Program”.
- Select “Next” after this.
- Click on the “This Program Path” option.
- Then opt for the “Next” button.
- Select the file name ending with “.exe”.
- Tap the “Next” Option.
- On finding the “Allow the Connection” option, tap the same.
- Press “Next”.
- Check the profiles that appear on the screen.
- Mark all of these.
- Select “Next” again.
- Name the new rule “FirewallException”.
- For creating the “Outbound Rule”, the same steps as above should be followed.
Note: Following these actions, your system has to be rebooted. Check to see whether QuickBooks Enterprise still displays error code 6000 77.
You could occasionally experience the little inconvenience of the error 6000 77. But the issue can be fixed in a few clicks if you are aware of the causes of this error number. Even if the causes are not known, some tools and solutions can still be used.