Learn how to troubleshoot Error 1328 when installing, uninstalling, updating, or repairing QuickBooks desktop:
Without a doubt, QuickBooks is the best accounting software available, yet it is tainted with errors of various origins and forms. When upgrading, installing, fixing, or even uninstalling the QuickBooks desktop program, one such mistake is the 1328 QuickBooks error code. It has to do with particular problems with the “tmp” files. The error could, however, also be caused by other factors. Although it can take many different forms, this error also appears on desktop screens and is typically accompanied by the following error message:
|Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp.|
|QuickBooks Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PT19C6.tmp. System error- 1072807676|
This is a setup issue that can occur for a number of reasons, some of which we shall discuss further on in this post. Therefore, reading this post will be quite helpful if you’re interested in learning what caused this issue. The quick fixes for QuickBooks error code 1328 will also be covered. It is advised for users to get in touch with the support staff if they need any kind of technical support.
What leads to QuickBooks error message 1328?
This error is seen due for a handful of reasons. Let us have a rudimentary look at these contributory factors:
- You can end up in such an error if there are some download issues with the software.
- If the program files are damaged or corrupted.
- In case there are issues with the network and connectivity.
- The QuickBooks desktop isn’t installed properly.
- If there are invalid entries in the Windows operating system.
Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 1328 by Performing Easy Methods
You can use the solutions listed below to attempt to fix the QuickBooks problem 1328. Let’s take a closer look:
1st Method: Use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool from tool hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub application can be used to correct common mistakes. Use the Windows 10 64-bit Tool Hub software for the best experience.
- Initially, download the QuickBooks Hub latest version (22.214.171.124) on your system.
- Save the file somewhere that you can find it easily.
- After that, open the file you have downloaded named QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Open the file you’ve downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe)
- Follow the given instructions on the screen to successfully Install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Now double-click on the icon from your Windows desktop after the installation is complete. This will open the tool hub program on your system screen.
- The next step is to close all open programs and then run the tool hub program.
- After that choose the Installation issue tab, in the tool hub.
- Then choose QuickBooks Install diagnostic Tool tab,
- The diagnostic tool will open and find the damaged file and try to fix it (This process can take up to 20 minutes)
- Once the process gets complete, you should restart the system after running the tool to ensure the components are re-installed and updated properly.
2nd Method: Perform a Clean installation
- You should uninstall your QuickBooks desktop.
- And then, clean install the QuickBooks software.
- The next step is to choose one of the options that appear on the screen.
- The first option is to make install process of QuickBooks as directly from the installation CD drive.
- Whereas, the second one can also be installed in QuickBooks using the downloaded file.
- It should be noted that directly installing QuickBooks software from a CD is a little easier.
- Download or simply install the QuickBooks program using a manual guide.
3rd Method: Spot the config.msi file
- At first, right-click the Start tab and then jump to explore.
- Once done with that, you should double-click on the C drive.
- After that, you will see all the Hidden files and folders.
- Next, move to the Tools tab and also choose a folder.
- You should then pick the View tab option and also choose all Hidden files as well as folders.
- And then, opt for Apply all changes and hit a click on the OK tab.
- Next step is to operate all needed system files.
- Also, right-click the Config.msi and also choose Rename tab.
- Add .old to the file name and hit Enter tab.
- This will Hide and protect the operating system files including all needed Hidden files and folders again on the system.
4th Method: Using the registry repair tool
- In this process, you should first Apply any registry repair tool and also Repair the damaged registry entries that are related to QuickBooks.
- Next step is to use a malware removal tool and fix any type of malware infectious attack from the system and get rid of all malware attacks from your system.
- You should then Remove all unwanted or junk files.
- After that, you should Uninstall all the outdated PC device drivers.
- And also restore by choosing to Undo through Recent system changes.
- Now, uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks desktop.
- Run the Windows system file check and scan the process.
- Install all essential Windows updates.
5th Method: Rename the C:\Config.MSU\PTFB53.tmp File “Microsoft Install Error: Error, 1328”
The following error notice appears when a user downloads the most recent QuickBooks updates: “error 1328 followed by error 2350”: FDI host. This issue also appears when a user tries to upgrade to the most recent version of QuickBooks Point of Sale, V18 or V12, but the upgrade is unsuccessful or is not installed. It’s probably been updated using different techniques, therefore this patch will no longer work on it.
If you experience a problem while updating Point-of-sale v18 or v12 to the most recent version, you can rename the file.
- At first, you can rename the file C:\Config.MSU\PTFB53.tmp then reinstall the patch.
- You can do a Clean reinstalling on Point of Sale and then Apply or Update the patch one more time.
The FDI server error is another name for this error. It happens when a file with a different QuickBooks desktop version than anticipated is encountered by an update installer. You can prevent this error by pressing the ignore button at least four times.
6th Method: Install or uninstall QuickBooks in Selective startup
To make sure that no other programs are preventing you from finishing your task, switch to Selective startup mode. Ask your IT professional or a Windows expert for help if you need it.
- To access the Run command, use your keyboard to tap on the Windows+ R keys.
- After that, type ‘msconfig’ command and then hit a click on OK.
- Next, choose the Selective Startup or Load System Services from the General Tab.
- And then hit on the Services tab and also choose the Hide All Microsoft Services.
- Now, choose the Disable all option.
- Afterward, un-check the Hide All Microsoft Services checkout box.
- Now check that the Windows Installer option is selected in the list. Select the checkbox if it isn’t selected.
- Choose the OK button.
- Lastly, choose Restart from the System Configuration window.
7th Method: Update your Windows OS
C++, MSXML, and Microsoft.Net Windows components are required for the QuickBooks software to function. It is advised that you periodically upgrade your Windows operating system to prevent problems with the applications you use for your company. You will benefit from these phases throughout the process.
- To start with the process, hit a click on the Start menu, then in the Search box type Windows update.
- The screen will display a Windows updates icon. Double-click on it.
- Now, pick the Check for Updates option.
- If the system updates automatically, there will not be any list of possible options that will appear. If a list of programs appears, you can choose it to update.
- Now, finally, you will need to restart your computer again and verify that the error got removed.
Once the aforementioned procedures are followed, fixing QuickBooks update issue 1328 isn’t as tough as it first appears to be. However, it is advised to call our 24/7 QuickBooks error support staff and let our certified experts handle the problem permanently if you are still unsure or unable to deal with the error code. Every day, we are available to assist you with all QB-related difficulties.