Learn how you can fix QuickBooks error 30159 like a Pro
The payroll record is one of the most crucial things in a business enterprise to keep an accurate account of. Because of this, businesses use QuickBooks desktop’s Payroll record feature rather frequently. However, occasionally, you could run into the QuickBooks Error 30159. When a user tries to upgrade the payroll, this error notice appears. Since it is a rather frequent mistake, there is a good probability that you will come across it occasionally.
Therefore, in this post we will explain what the QuickBooks payroll issue 30159 actually is, why it occurs, and a number of options that you can use to resolve it on your own. However, if you require professional assistance, you may easily contact our hardworking support staff, who will make sure to give you the finest assistance possible.
What is QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error 30159?
The QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159 is brought on by an incorrect file setup in the operating system of the machine being used to upgrade the payroll. When you are using software compatible with Windows, an error notice will show up on the screen.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 30159?
Payroll Error 30159 is not the consequence of one single cause. In fact, there are a lot of them. Some of the more frequent and obvious reasons for the snag are listed below.
- Outdated QuickBooks Payroll
- There is an installation errors of QuickBooks desktop
- Inactivity of EIN status
- Corrupted QuickBooks Company file on the computer.
- Window files are facing misconfiguration issues
- Some hardware component removed in an improper manner
- The damaged file system is conveying misleading and improper information
- System affected due to a virus or malware attack
- Windows version is too old.
How QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159 affects your system?
The system has been impacted by QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159 in three different ways that are well-known. Therefore, if your system exhibits any of the three following symptoms, you may be sure that it has been coping with this error:
- The system runs very slowly and the performance takes a lot of hits.
- Once the error pops up, all the running programs start to crash immediately.
- The QuickBooks Desktop is facing constant error messages and crashing while running the programs.
Updated Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 30159 easily
Examine the following repair procedures to resolve the QuickBooks problem code 30159:
Solution #1: Update your System
As we already discussed, there are several approaches you can use to fix the QuickBooks Error 30159. The following are step-by-step instructions that you can utilise to optimise performance by correcting QuickBooks Payroll errors:
It’s possible that the operating system on your computer was quite outdated. Payroll errors may appear as a result of this. So you may manually update the system to fix this. As follows:
- Log in to your system as an “Administrator“
- Visit the “Start” button and then “All Programs“
- Hit on “Accessories” and then on the screen, click on “System Tools“
- On the new window, tap on “System restore“
- Look for the option of “Restore my computer to an earlier time” and click on “Next“
- Keep hitting on the “Next” buttons until the confirmation window appears
- Once the process is complete, restart the computer and that is it.
Solution #2: Performing Disk Clean-up
You may also fix QuickBooks payroll issue 30159 by simply wiping your computer’s disc. Users of Windows 8 or 8.1 should follow the instructions given below:
- First of all, the user needs to visit “My computer“.
- The next step is to look for “Settings” and then hit on the same.
- Now, the user needs to look for “Control Panel” and then hit the same.
- After that, choose the “Administrative tools“.
- And then tap on the “disk cleanup option“.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to move to the “list of drives“.
- And then, tap on the “drive” you want to clean by running disk cleanup.
- The next step in the process is to move to the list of files to delete.
- And then, the user will have to choose the “files” that they wish to clean by running the disk cleanup.
- The last and final step in the process is to tap on the “Ok button” and hit “delete files tab“.
For Windows 10, 11 the steps involved are as follows:
- First of all, type “disk cleanup” in the search bar.
- And then, hit “Enter key“.
- The next step is to move to the “list of drives“.
- Moving ahead, choose the drive.
- And after that move to the “list of files” to delete.
- Now, choose the files (to clean).
- And then, the last step is to hit on the “OK button” and “delete the files button“.
Solution #3: Scanning the affected programs
- Open the “Program” and hit on the “Scan” option. The program will start to scan the error.
- Afterward, choose the Fix QuickBooks Errors option.
- Restart the computer.
Solution #4: By Using System Restore in Windows
- Open the search box and search for “System Restore“
- Choose “System Restore” and enter “Administrative passwords“
- Follow the steps explained in the wizard properly
- Restore the system completely.
Solution #5: Adding up EIN to the company file
- Firstly, log in to QuickBooks and Select the “Payroll” option.
- Click on “Use my existing Payrolls Service”.
- On the “Account Maintenance” window, click on Add file and mark the radio-like button which is present against Add EIN Number.
- Check for the “Radio button” being disabled for correct subscription to EIN Number.
- Hit on “Next” and review all the information provided in the wizard.
- Return to QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution #6: Editing and reentering the payroll service key
- Under this process, you simply have to move to the employees menu.
- Furthermore, hit on the my payroll service.
- You need to then tap on the manage service key and also hit on the account and billing information.
- You are then required to find and select the payroll service key and also go for the remove tab.
- Heading forward, you are required to tap on the add tab.
- And enter the active payroll service key and choose the finish tab.
- End the process by tapping on the ok tab.
Solution #7: Use Windows file checker
- You are required to log in as a system admin.
- Moving ahead, you need to hit on the Windows start tab.
- Push the Windows + R keys and access the run box.
- You are then supposed to type in CMD and hit on the enter tab.
- You will see a black screen on the desktop.
- Where you would have to type in ‘sfc/scannow’ and also tap on the enter tab.
- This might take some time to complete.
- Later on, perform the steps mentioned on the screen and try restoring the corruption issues of the system files.
Solution #8: Install your Windows Update
There are chances that the version of windows being used is outdated. It can be updated by the procedure mentioned below:
- At first, hit a click on the Start Tab.
- Type Update in the search bar on the screen and press Enter key.
- The system will check for updates if any.
- If it detects any update, continue with installing all the required updates.
- Now restart the system and save the changes.
Therefore, these are all the techniques you can employ to resolve QuickBooks Error 30159. However, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks support team if you keep running into the same problems despite attempting all the above-mentioned solutions. All QB-related concerns are quickly resolved by our team of qualified and experienced experts.