Those in the accounting industry don’t require an introduction to the QuickBooks application. Despite the application’s wealth of advantages, some users encounter unforeseen issues. errors that lack a primary cause and an effective fix. As a result, the issues becoming increasingly annoying, and QuickBooks Error 429 is one such problem.In most cases, users who attempt to export Tax Form Worksheets from the Employee tab in QuickBooks encounter the error 429. The error message “Cannot connect to QuickBooks, and towards the bottom of the screen, Error 429 – ActiveX Component cannot build Object” may appear while this is happening. This article is intended for you if you have been looking for the answer to the aforementioned problem.
Guided Steps to fix QuickBooks Desktop Export Report Error 429 Activex
Error 429 in the QuickBooks Desktop Export Report Activex is a complicated error, and our specialists have carefully examined the error to eventually provide you with the five remedies. To manually remove the error, go through each step one at a time.
Solution 1: Uninstall anti-virus programs on your system
Uninstalling the anti-virus programmes can resolve QuickBooks Error 429 because it has been observed that they may be preventing the script from running in Excel. To achieve that, follow these steps:
Windows 10 users:
- On your home screen, navigate to the Start menu.
- Choose the Control Panel option.
- Use the Programs category and click on Uninstall a program.
- Look for the anti-virus programs on your system that you want to remove, and then click on them to select the Uninstall option.
- After the uninstallation process is complete, restart the system.
Users of Windows 8:
- While in the Desktop Mode, click on Settings.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features.
- Click on the anti-virus program to remove and then choose Uninstall.
- Restart the system after seeing the completion message on the screen.
If you have Windows 7:
- Use the Start menu to reach the Control Panel.
- Under the Programs category, choose the Programs and Features option.
- Click on the anti-virus program that you must remove.
- Use the Uninstall/Change button for the same.
- Lastly, restart your PC when the message appears on the screen.
Solution 2: Update Office to the latest version
The occurrence of Error 429 – ActiveX Component cannot create Object can root from an outdated version of the Office. Hence, using these instructions, you can update it to the latest release and fix QuickBooks Error 429.
- Launch an app of the Office and create a new file.
- Click on File from the top menu.
- Choose Account (or Office Account in case of Outlook).
- Underneath the Product Information option, click on Update Options.
- Press the Update Now button.
- If the Update Now option is not visible, you must select Enable Updates first.
- Once the updates are installed, close the “You’re up to date!” window.
Solution 3: Review that your version of Excel is compatible with the installed QuickBooks
QuickBooks Error 429 manifests when 32-bit QuickBooks is used with 64-bit Excel, according to our users’ observations. Try removing the 64-bit version of Office and installing the 32-bit one to see if that fixes the issue.
Solution 4: Update QuickBooks Desktop Manually
The procedures below will manually update the QuickBooks application, which might cause errors like QuickBooks Error 429 when it becomes obsolete.
- Close the QuickBooks app and the company file or restart the system.
- Go to the Start menu on your screen and search the QuickBooks application.
- Right-click on QuickBooks, and click on Run as administrator from the menu.
- The above steps will open the No Company Open window.
- Once on the No Company Open window, on the top menu bar, click on Help and navigate to the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Choose the Options tab and press the Mark All option.
- Click on Save.
- Use the Update Now tab and then select the Reset Update checkbox.
- Finally, use the Get Updates button.
- You will see that update process will start automatically.
- After its completion, close and reopen QuickBooks.
- At last, restart the system.
Solution 5: Repair QuickBooks Desktop and run Payroll Reports in Excel
You can correct any hiccups brought on by damage or corruption to the QuickBooks Desktop programme that is installed on your computer. You may therefore fix QuickBooks Error 429 by following the instructions in this solution.
- First, restart the computer. Restarting your system will shut down any background process hampering QuickBooks tasks.
- Keep a backup of your company file as this is vital to avoid any loss when following this solution.
- Go to the Start menu and click on Control Panel.
- Choose the Programs and Features option.
- On some operating systems, you may see the Uninstall a program option.
- Use the list of programs to look for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the QuickBooks Desktop application and choose Uninstall/Change.
- Choose Continue and then Next.
- Choose the Repair option.
- Hit on the Next button and let the system complete the repair process.
- Once the process is complete, click on Finish.
- Restart your system if prompted.
Once the QuickBooks software has been updated, we will now try running the payroll report to see if QuickBooks Error 429 still appears.
- Here’s how to run the reports.
- Use the top menu to click on the Reports option.
- From the drop-down list, choose Employees & Payroll.
- Click on the Summarize Data Payroll in Excel option.
- Press the Enable Content button.
- Choose Dates and hit on the Get QuickBooks Data option.
We sincerely hope that the five options we covered in this post helped you resolve QuickBooks Error 429. However, as was said at the beginning, this problem has no clear cause, making it difficult to fix. So, if you still have this error after following our experts’ advice, consider this final approach. Get on-call help to resolve the error by dialling +1-866-987-9950 and speaking with the support team.