How to Get Rid of QuickBooks Error 12007
There is no need to panic if error 12007 pops up in the middle of a QuickBooks update because this update error in QuickBooks is quite simple to fix. When the QB Desktop app cannot connect to the internet or when there are issues with your internet connection, Error 12007 is triggered. Numerous factors, such as incorrect internet connection configuration and misconfigured QuickBooks settings, can cause internet connectivity problems to appear in QuickBooks. You will find all the information you need to resolve QuickBooks update error 12007 if you read the entire article.
What is QuickBooks Error 12007?
When there is a problem with your internet connection, not just QuickBooks Desktop software, but every other Windows programme that needs access to the internet, throws an error. While other programmes may display different error codes, QuickBooks reports error code 12007 when it has trouble connecting to the internet. The error message description for this error code is “Problem Error 12007: A network timeout that is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the server.”
Check your Internet Connection Setup in QuickBooks from the Help> Internet Connection Setup menu selection, as suggested by the error message description. Check to see if your connection is configured to use the internet connection on your computer. All of the causes of update error 12007 in QuickBooks are listed below.
What Leads to Error 12007 in QuickBooks?
- Issues with your internet connection like frequent outages or sluggish performance.
- QuickBooks is not correctly set up to use the computer’s internet connection.
- Windows firewall or antivirus installed on your computer is preventing QuickBooks from downloading the updates from the internet.
- Internet Explorer is not set up as your default internet browser.
- QuickBooks Desktop application is not properly installed on Windows.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 12007
Troubleshooting Step 1: Verify your Internet Connectivity Status
- Open Internet Explorer and visit any safe website like google.com.
- If you can access the internet, then follow the next troubleshooting step and in case if you are facing issues getting to the internet then contact your IT professional or call 1.855.738.2784 Now.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Set Internet Explorer as your Default Internet Browser
- Click the Gear icon at the top right corner of Internet Explorer.
- Select Internet Options and click the Programs tab.
- Click the Make Default option and check-mark the Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the default web browser checkbox.
Setting Internet Explorer as Default Web Browser
- Click Apply and then OK.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Set Up Internet Explorer
- Exit QuickBooks and open Internet Explorer.
- Click Internet Options under the Gear icon.
- Under the Security tab, make sure the security settings are not set to be more than Medium High.
- Click OK and navigate to the LAN Settings.
- Make sure that Automatically Detect Settings checkbox is marked and Use a Proxy Server option is unmarked.
- Hit OK and restart Windows.
Troubleshooting Step 4: Exclude QuickBooks from Windows Firewall and your Antivirus
- For detailed instructions, on removing QuickBooks from the scan list of Windows Firewall and your Antivirus follow Step 2 and 4 from our article on QuickBooks Update Error 12029.
Troubleshooting Step 5: Update QuickBooks after Changing the Update Settings
- Open QuickBooks and from under the Help tab click Update.
- Now click the Update Now tab on the Update QuickBooks window.
- Check-mark the Reset Update checkbox and click Get Updates.
- Now exit QuickBooks and open it again.
- If QuickBooks Error 12007 persists, then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Troubleshooting Step 6: Fix Internet Explorer Other Issues
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard and type sfc/scannow.
- Hit OK and follow the instructions over the screen to finish the File Checker Process.
- Once the files are repaired, restart your Windows.
Troubleshooting Step 7: Reinstall QuickBooks using QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
NOTE: Before following this troubleshooting step make sure to take a backup of your company file data, as reinstalling QuickBooks will also delete QuickBooks Company File.
- Download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool and save it on your Desktop.
- Double-click the QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe file from your desktop and click I Accept on the license agreement.
- Hit Continue and select the version of your QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Click OK and follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall QuickBooks.
- After reinstalling the application check if you are still getting QuickBooks error 12007 or the error is resolved.
We really hope that this article will aid you in fixing QuickBooks Problem 12007, but if for some reason the error continues to appear while upgrading QuickBooks, please call our error support line at +1 (800) 443-6819 for help.