Here’s a Quick Way to Resolve QuickBooks Error 12057
Payroll errors can be very frustrating for small and midsize businesses, and QuickBooks offers the perfect solution. While some payroll errors prevent users from downloading payroll updates and tax tables, others prevent the payroll calculation from taking place. The error that we will discuss today in this article is QuickBooks Error 12057 that is an update error and occurs every time when a user tries to update the payroll feature of QuickBooks. If you are also struggling to get rid of QuickBooks Payroll update error 12057, then follow the article until the end for detailed troubleshooting instructions.
Reasons behind QuickBooks Error 12057
Different payroll problems in QuickBooks are brought on by a variety of factors, such as third-party security applications. The list of potential causes for error 12057 in QuickBooks Payroll is shown below.
- Due to a bad network configuration, QuickBooks could have trouble connecting to the internet.
- Error 12057 is displayed by QuickBooks as a result of a number of internet connectivity problems, such as incorrect Internet Explorer settings.
- Payroll update problem 12057 might be brought on by QuickBooks’s inability to connect to the internet and by antivirus software from third parties.
- Error 12057 of the QuickBooks Payroll Update might potentially be brought on by incorrect SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) settings.
- The QuickBooks payroll updates cannot be installed because the user account does not have the necessary administrator rights.
- Payroll update issues in the application are also brought on by QuickBooks installation errors.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12057
Troubleshooting Step 1: Check SSL Configuration under Internet Settings
- Press Windows + R and type Control Panel in the Run box.
- Press Enter and select Network and Internet Option.
- Click Internet Options and then select the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down and checkmark Use SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 checkboxes.
- Click Apply and then hit the OK button.
- Try to update QuickBooks Payroll once again.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Set Internet Explorer as your Default Internet Browser
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Tool icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click Internet Options and navigate to the Programs tab.
- Hit the Make Default button under the Default Web Browser option.
- Hit Ok and open QuickBooks to update Payroll.
- For more detailed instructions follow article How to Make Internet Explorer your Default Browser.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Add QuickBooks as an Exception under the Firewall Settings
For detailed instructions on how to exclude QuickBooks from being blocked by Windows and other common third-party firewall applications, follow our article on QuickBooks Desktop Error -6094, 0 (6010,2).
Troubleshooting Step 4: Run QuickBooks as an Administrator
- Open Control Panel and select User Accounts.
- Click Manage User Accounts and form the list of user names check if your account has administrative rights.
- If your account is not an admin account, then restart your computer, sign in with an account that has the administrative right to perform actions on Windows, and try to update payroll.
- You can also right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and select Run as Administrator to open QuickBooks as an administrator.
Troubleshooting Step 5: Repair QuickBooks Desktop Installation
- Press Windows + R and type appwiz.cpl in the text box of the Run window.
- Hit OK and scroll down in the list of programs to find QuickBooks.
- Double-click QuickBooks and select the Repair option.
- After the application is repaired restart Windows and try to update Payroll once again.
For additional assistance and support, call our team of Certified Payroll Experts at +1 (800) 443-6819 if you continue to receive QuickBooks error 12057 while updating payroll for any reason and are unsure of the error’s root cause.