Fixing QuickBooks Error 1311: Unable to locate source file
Unexpected occurrences of QuickBooks error 1311 can interfere with regular operations. Consider using this blog as your guide if you are having trouble with this problem and are having trouble finding solutions. Here, we’ve included comprehensive information regarding the problem, including its causes and possible solutions.
Numerous features in QuickBooks Desktop enable consumers to comprehend their overall financial situation. Exporting the financial statement designer to a Microsoft Excel worksheet is one of these features. While exporting a financial statement to an excel file, QuickBooks occasionally encounters Error 1311 Source File Not Found. The same error also occurs when installing the QuickBooks Desktop application using a CD.
In this post, we’ve outlined a few straightforward methods you may take to resolve QuickBooks installation problem 1311. To understand more about the causes of the errors and detailed troubleshooting instructions, be sure to read the entire article.
What is Error 1311 in QuickBooks?
When attempting to export a report from the financial statement writer to the Excel programme, QuickBooks error 1311 data1.cab appears. Due to this issue, an organization’s accounting department is no longer able to export files from the software to Excel, which creates problems.
The warning error message brought by error 1311 source not found is as follows:
Error 1311: Source file not found. Ensure the file exists and you have permission to access it.
In addition to Excel exporting, the error 1311 source file not found data1.cab While updating QuickBooks via a CD ROM or other compact disc methods, Windows 10 also sneaks in. Such devices have issues, which result in the 1311 error.
The causes of QuickBooks Error 1311
Several configuration errors and flaws lead to the QuickBooks problem 1311: “Source file not found” message (filename). Check to see whether you can access the file and that it exists.
- QuickBooks installation file is damaged or corrupt, leading to error 1311 Windows 10.
- There is damage to the Microsoft Office program installed on Windows.
- QuickBooks Desktop application is not compatible with the Office version installed on Windows, which leads to error 1311.source file not found.
- The installation CD or the CD-ROM drive is damaged.
- The CD-ROM may be having issues accessing the disk and initiating installation and update, prompting error 1311.source file not found Windows 10 on the screen.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1311
Now that you are aware of the causes of QuickBooks error code 1311, let’s examine the signs that users have encountered:
- The error 1311 may appear on the screen with the message and description.
- When the installation disk fails repeatedly to install QuickBooks, it signifies the presence of QuickBooks error 1311.
- You may encounter the issue while exporting the file to media and the software keeps freezing.
- Further, QuickBooks error 1311 has attacked you if you are unable to export one or more reports from QuickBooks FSD to Microsoft Excel.
Now that the causes and symptoms of error 1311 are obvious, let’s move on to the effective solutions.
Options for Fixing QuickBooks Error 1311
You may quickly and efficiently resolve the QuickBooks problem 1311 using the following troubleshooting techniques:
Install QuickBooks from your computer’s local storage.
- Open the CD-ROM drive and insert the QuickBooks installation CD into it.
- If the auto run automatically opens the QuickBooks installation window then click Quit at the lower right corner.
- Right click on the Windows Desktop and move your cursor to New option and select Folder.
- Name this folder QuickBooks Installation and open Windows File Manager.
- Open the CD-ROM drive and select all the files by pressing Ctrl + A.
- Press Ctrl + C to copy all the selected files and navigate back to the new folder created on the desktop.
- Right click inside the folder and select Paste.
- After all the files are copied to the folder try installing QuickBooks once again from this new location of the installation files.
Restrict CD-ROM Access to Local Users
- In the Run window, enter Control Panel by pressing Windows + R and then click OK.
- In order to access the Local Security Policy option, select Administrative Tools and then click the list.
- By widening the list, choose the Local Policy Folder at this point.
- Select the Security Options menu, then choose the Windows version you are currently running.
- Choose the option to only allow local users access to the CD-ROM, then click Exit.
Verify Microsoft Office’s compatibility with QuickBooks.
- Press Windows + R and type Control Panel.
- Press OK and select Add or Remove Programs.
- Double click Microsoft Office and select Repair to fix any installation errors.
- If you have an outdated version of Office installed then visit Microsoft Official Download Page to get the latest version.
After copying files to the hard drive, install
- Insert the QuickBooks updation/installation CD into the CD-ROM and see if installation begins automatically. If it does, hit Quit and exit.
- Now, go to the Start tab of Windows and find Explore.
- You need to form a folder to copy the installation file in Desktop.
- Next, browse the CD-ROM and right-click to ‘Explore’ it.
- Search for QuickBooks and other third-party folders. Here, tap the setup.exe option.
- Hold the Ctrl key on the keypad and press the files and folders option to copy them.
- Now you need to paste these copied files into the new folder you created.
- If the QuickBooks error 1311 strikes again, it indicates an issue with the CD-ROM.
- Calling the customer service executives can help you come out of this situation.
- However, if no error appears, launch the new folder and double-tap the setup.exe file to begin the installation.
Scanning and installation projects
- Search for Command Prompt on the All Programs tab of the Windows tab. You may also open the Run window
- By pressing Windows + R and then type cmd into it without hitting Enter.
- Right-click the command prompt option when it displays and select Run as Administrator.
- Enter SFC/Scannow into the blank space that appears after the blinking cursor in the black window.
- Return to the Command Prompt after the scanning is finished, type msiexec/region, and then press Enter.
- Additionally, enter the command msiexec/regserver in this window.
- Visit the creative suite (CS) installation to finish.
Reinstall the CS4 application
- Execute this step by pressing the Start icon on the screen or the Windows key on the keyboard.
- Now, launch the Run Window by searching for it in the space column.
- When the Run Window appears, type msiexec/unreg and Enter.
- Further, reinstall the CS4 application, open the setup file, and follow all the instructions appearing on the screen to finish its installation.
Utilize PS Elements Disc
- In this step to fix error 1311 source not found, insert the PS Elements install disc into the CD-ROM/ DVD drive.
- Now, go to the My Computer icon and right-click the PS Elements Disc.
- Create a folder on the Desktop and copy/ paste the folder Adobe PS Elements to it.
- Once copied, eject the disc and launch Adobe PS Elements.
- Double-click the file setup.exe to proceed with the installation.
- When you agree to the on-screen instructions, you will reach the end of completing this process.
Your QuickBooks Error 1311 will be resolved for sure if you follow the troubleshooting methods listed above, but if you have any problems doing so or the solution isn’t working for you for some other reason, you can always contact us at our Support Number +1 (800) 443-6819. QuickBooks error 1311 will be instantly fixed by our team of professionals.