How can the QuickBooks error 15212 be fixed?
Everything you have to know to resolve QuickBooks Error 15212:
One of the most widely used accounting programmes on the market is QuickBooks. This application, which was introduced by Intuit, has significantly altered how accounting and bookkeeping are done. Since it has simplified even the most challenging processes, adopting this software has actually greatly benefited small and medium-sized firms.
Since QuickBooks is only an application, users occasionally experience problems that have an impact on their daily business operations. QuickBooks Error 15212, which typically occurs when users attempt to update to the most recent release or when they are downloading payroll, is one of the frequently occurring issues.
You may receive one of the following error 12159 or error 15212 messages on your screen:
A shared download disc that is not mapped, is not reachable, or has insufficient access permissions may be the source of these issues. It is crucial to comprehend the reasons and symptoms of this problem in order to come up with a solution.
Error 15212 in QuickBooks Payroll: Possible Causes
The chief causes behind this QuickBooks error are enlisted below:
- If the download location that is shared for updates is mapped to a currently unavailable drive.
- When the shared download is “switched off’ and the data file is opened from a non-mapped location.
- The hard disk or the remote download location doesn’t have enough disk space.
You can download the latest payroll or QuickBooks updates.
Points to consider before Troubleshooting QuickBooks error message 15212
- Do ensure that you have an active payroll service subscription with QuickBooks Desktop.
- You have to check if not more than one QuickBooks version is installed on the same computer as it can lead to errors.
- Make sure that your Firewall or Internet security does not have restrictive settings, as it can prevent QuickBooks from accessing the Internet.
Methods for fixing QuickBooks error 15212
The fast troubleshooting steps for QuickBooks problem number 15212 are listed below.
Solution 1: How to manually obtain the newest updates
Installing the newest updates manually is the first step in troubleshooting QuickBooks problem number 15212.
- The first thing to do is you have to open your QuickBooks application.
- Now go to the Help option, and then you will have to click on the Update QuickBooks tab.
- After that, you will see the Update QuickBooks Desktop window displayed on the screen.
- Click on the No for shared download option link under the Option menu.
- You now need to Close and Save the modifications.
- You can then attempt to get the updates after this.
- If the QuickBooks Error 15212 is still present, move on to the following fix.
Solution 2: Remapping the data files to the network drive
The procedure for remapping the data files to the network drive is given in a simplified manner as under:
- The very first thing to do is that you have to Restart your system.
- Now go to This PC and then double-click to Open it.
- You have to click on the Map network drive option.
- Once done, click on the Browse option and choose the Data file to map it.
- Once the remapping process is done check if QuickBooks 15212 Error is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Uninstall and Re-installation QuickBooks
If still the QuickBooks error 15212 is not resolved, then you have to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks. To uninstall QuickBooks, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Initially, go to Start and then type ”Control panel” and open it.
- After that, you have to select the Program and Features /Uninstall a program.
- Now choose the version which is responsible for this error.
- Once done, click on Uninstall and then on Remove.
Steps to Reinstall the QuickBooks
- Firstly, double-click on the QuickBooks.exe file downloaded.
- After that, you have to follow the steps that are displayed on the screen.
- You will be prompted to Accept the terms and conditions and then click on the Next tab.
- You must provide your Product and License Number and then go ahead according to the instruction that will be displayed on the screen.
Solution 4: Start your computer in Selective startup mode
To ensure that there’s no other program that hinders you from accomplishing your task, switch to Selective startup mode. Ask your computer’s manufacturer or a Windows expert if you’re unsure of the steps.
- On your keyboard, Press the Windows+ R keys to open the Run command.
- Enter Msconfig, then select the OK option..
- Under the General tab, choose Selective Startup and the Load system service option..
- Now hit click on the Services Tab, and then choose to Hide all Microsoft Services.
- After that, select the option to Disable all.
- Uncheck the Hide all Microsoft service checkbox.
- Make sure that the Microsoft Windows Installer option is chosen from the available services. If it’s not, you must select the checkbox.
- Now hit click on “OK.”
- In the System Configuration window, choose Restart.
Solution 5: Rename the Installation Folders
Once you have renamed the installation folders, reinstalling QuickBooks desktop will ensure that the most recent installation does not use out-of-date files. Follow the guidelines below to fix the error (if it was brought on by this reason).
- Installed QuickBooks should first be removed from your computer. You must therefore open the File Explorer by clicking on the folder icon on your Desktop or System Tray. Select Hidden Items from the View tab’s list. To launch File Explorer, adhere to the procedures below:
- Open the Start menu and type in File Explorer in the Search field. Follow it up by hitting the Enter button.
- The File Explorer window appears.
- As an alternative, you can hit on the Win + E keys to start the File Explorer.
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- For the 64-bit version: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- Once you’ve located the folder, right-click on it to choose the Rename option.
- Simply insert the word .old at the end of the folder name.
- Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop software by taking the aid of your license and product keys.
The QuickBooks payroll problem 15212 is not as difficult to fix as it first appears. However, if you run into any problems or have any questions, you can always get in touch with the specialists that offer round-the-clock QuickBooks support services. Feel free to connect with us using our helpline i.e., +1 (800) 443-6819