QUICKLY FIX QuickBooks Update Error 15243
The easiest option to electronically submit federal and state taxes is through the QuickBooks Payroll service, which is also thought to be the most economical way to pay employees. The QuickBooks update error 15243, which appears when the QuickBooks File Copy Service (FCS) stops functioning for a variety of reasons, is a regular problem that users run into when updating QuickBooks payroll. When this error occurs, a notification stating that “Error 15243 – The updating of payroll is not able to complete successfully” will appear on your screen. The FCS service for QuickBooks is broken. You must carry out several troubleshooting steps, which are detailed further in our article, in order to fix this error.
What Brings About Error 15243 in QuickBooks Update?
As a group of technical professionals, we advise that you understand the causes of QuickBooks update error 15243. A list of causes that is close at hand makes it easier for the user to solve the problem.
- The version of QuickBooks Payroll you are using does not have the most recent tax table revisions.
- Due to several factors, QuickBooks FCS is not responding, which results in QuickBooks update error 15243.
- The QuickBooks File Copy service is malfunctioning or not functioning at all.
- You don’t have a payroll subscription that is active.
Other FCS service-related errors, such as Error 15222, which happens when updating the application, could also occur. In these situations, you can easily find a solution by simply following the fundamental troubleshooting steps listed below.
How to Fix Error 15243: FCS service is destroyed in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks FCS service is damaged error 15243 can be resolved using the precise procedures detailed by professionals. By implementing the troubleshooting steps we’ve listed, we hope to have solved your problem.
Troubleshooting Step 1: Verify your Payroll Subscription
The QuickBooks update error 15243 is frequently seen if your payroll subscription is not active. So, as a first step in troubleshooting, we advise you to double-check your payroll subscription.
- From the QuickBooks application’s dashboard, click My Payroll Service under the Employees tab.
- Select Account and Billing Information.
- Now close the Maintenance Page that appears on the window.
- Now QuickBooks will start validating Payroll Subscription.
- After the validation, payroll will start updating.
- On installing the updates, try running payroll once again and see if QuickBooks error code 15243 appears or not.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Repair QuickBooks Desktop Application
One cause of the QuickBooks update error 15243 is corruption or damage to the QuickBooks application. It is crucial to fix the QuickBooks Desktop Application as a result. Follow our article on How to Repair QuickBooks for detailed instructions on how to repair the QuickBooks Desktop app to resolve Error 15243.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Repair QuickBooks File Copy Service (FCS)
In this third phase of the troubleshooting process, we’ll show you how to fix the QuickBooks File Copy Service and eventually get rid of issue 15243, “QuickBooks FCS service is damaged.”
- Press Windows + R key on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Inside the Run window’s search box, type services.msc and click OK.
- From the list of services, find and double-click Intuit QuickBooks FCS.
- Select the Manual option for the Startup type from the Intuit QuickBooks FCS Properties window.
- Hit the OK button and open QuickBooks payroll.
Troubleshooting Step 4: Manually Install QuickBooks Desktop Updates
If none of the aforementioned fixes work to resolve your problems with payroll updates, you can install the updates manually as a workaround.
- Go to the QuickBooks Product Updates page by clicking here.
- Select your country, product, and version from the drop-down menus.
- Click the Get Updates button and save the file to an easily accessible location.
- Run the updates file and follow the instructions as they appear on the screen to update your QB Desktop application.
- Now, restart Windows and try to rerun the payroll updates.
Troubleshooting Step 5: Close Conflicting Programs when QuickBooks FCS service is damaged
Closing incompatible programmes is another method you can use to resolve the damaged QuickBooks FCS service issue. The QuickBooks application and payroll should then be updated without even a hint of the QuickBooks support update error 15243.
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks application.
- Right-click on the taskbar to choose the Task Manager option.
- Highlight the following background processes and click on the End task button for each processes listed below.
- QBW32.exe or QBW.exe
- QBDBMgr.exe or QBDBMgrN.exe
- Navigate to the desktop screen and right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Select the Run as administrator option.
You can use these simple troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks Update Error 15243 in QuickBooks Payroll. It’s possible that Windows component issues or computer infections are to blame if you continue to get the same error despite completing all troubleshooting methods. We advise you to call Tech Team at +1 (800) 443-6819 and ask to speak with one of our trained representatives.