Among business owners, accountants, and independent contractors, QuickBooks is the most popular accounting and financial management programme. However, technological problems or malfunctions can impair even the best accounting software, QuickBooks. Users may encounter QuickBooks Error 15311, a 15000 series error code, when attempting to download and install their software or when performing payroll upgrades. The error stops the updating process when it happens by crashing an open window. When upgrading QuickBooks payroll, a number of circumstances may result in an undesired technical problem. Users may find it inconvenient to cope with this issue, but by doing the procedures mentioned in the following paragraphs, you may help to fix it.
How does QuickBooks Error 15311 affect your system?
To fix QuickBooks update error 15311, you must be aware of its cause and location. The error’s warning signs and symptoms are as follows:
- The active window program crashed due to update error 53111.
- When executing the same program, the system often crashes with QB error code 15311.
- An error message also repeatedly comes on your screen as shown in the below
- Windows is sluggish and doesn’t respond to input from the mouse or keyboard.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15311
- The download File of the QuickBooks software gets corrupted.
- The installation process is incomplete or corrupted.
- Some files are missing.
- Virus or malware infected the QB-related files.
- Accidentally some QuickBooks-related files are deleted.
- Corrupted windows registry files.
Solutions for QuickBooks Error 15311
1. Method One: QuickBooks Digital Certificates
When using payroll with QB desktop, a digital certificate is typically necessary. These certificates confirm the user’s identification and are utilised for payroll and tax-related job authentication. When preparing or submitting taxes using QuickBooks, the significance of this digital certificate increases.
Follow the steps given below to register a digital signature certificate in QuickBooks:
- Right click on the QBW32.exe file located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Select Digital Signature
- Select Details
- Click on View Certificate
- Select Install Certificate
- Follow the instructions. Once the installation is finished, click on Finish
- Close QuickBooks and restart your system
Open QuickBooks when your computer has restarted and try using the payroll feature. If QuickBooks Error 15311 persists, there may be a problem with your network.
2. Method Two: Checking Network Issues
Several factors can cause a network problem. Before moving on to additional methods, be sure your internet connection is operational. Additionally, establish an exemption for QuickBooks to each of your system’s security programmes. To find out the state of your network, you can even get in touch with your internet service provider (ISP). Additionally, find out if QB is permitted to use their network port.
3. Solution Three: Verify the Internet Explorer Settings
- Verify that the system’s date and time are correct
- Next, perform a double-click on the “Time display”
- Then correct the date and time, if necessary
- The next step is to pick a time zone and then make sure it’s the right one
- The strength of the Cipher is then verified
- When you’re done with that, go to the official Intuit website
- Then, to see the menu bar, hit the Alt key
- After that, you must right-click the file and select the properties option
- Check the connection number, then type in bit encryption
- Now you must update your settings using the tools before moving on to Internet options
- After that, select all temporary files and delete them using the delete key
- Go to the Connections tab and select LAN settings from the drop-down menu
- Going forward, select the checkbox next to “Automatically detect settings”
- If you don’t plan on using any of the proxy servers, make sure they’re all blank
- Then, on the advanced tab, scroll down and check the SSL 2.0 and SSL3.0 boxes
- After that, you must verify the publisher’s certificate and then uncheck the box next to it
- Again, go to the advanced tab, scroll down to the bottom of the list
- The final step is to confirm that TLS 2.0 is unchecked, and that you’re ready to go.
4. Solution Four: Uninstalling an associated QuickBooks desktop entry
You must uninstall your QB-related entries in order to implement this solution. The actions that must be taken are as follows:
- To use this method, move the cursor to the bottom left side of the screen and drag it until the start menu image appears
- After that, enter the start context menu by tapping on your right-hand tab of the mouse
- Select the tab named “Program and Features”
- After that, look for Error 15311 in the new window
- When you’re finished, click the QuickBooks associated entry button
- Then, on the top menu, select the uninstall/change heading
- To complete the uninstallation of the associated program, you must follow the on-screen instructions.
5. Solution Five: Run the Reboot.bat Batch File to Register QuickBooks Files
- If you’re using Windows, close the QuickBooks Desktop application
- Select Properties from the right-click menu of the QuickBooks icon on your desktop
- When you choose Open File Location, Windows will automatically open the QuickBooks installation folder
- Make sure that Windows Hidden Files and Folders is turned on
- Locate the Reboot.bat file and right-click it
- Choose the Run as Administrator option
- Wait until the QuickBooks files have all been reregistered by the Reboot file
- Attempt to Update QuickBooks Desktop application once again once the black color command prompt window has disappeared.
6. Solution Six: Try to resolve the QuickBooks Error 15311 manually
- Make sure your QuickBooks subscription is turned on
- Upgrade your QuickBooks desktop to the most recent release.
- Check the Payroll Service key to make sure it’s correct:
- Go to Employees and select My Payroll Service from the drop-down menu
- After that, select Manage Service Keys from the drop-down menu
- Now click Edit and double-check that the key is right
- Once done with that then select the “Next” >>> “Finish” tab
- Finally, restart your PC.