The QuickBooks error 1706 number denotes a problem with the download and installation of QuickBooks Point of Sale. The error occurs and an error message is displayed when the user turns on the computer to launch the POS installer:
Because QuickBooks Point of Sale is a challenging piece of software, problems can sometimes feel insurmountable. But don’t worry; we’ll walk you through the process so you can sail the boat. But contact for assistance right away if you don’t want to deal with the hassle of following the instructions then.
What Causes QuickBooks POS Error 1706
- The installation of Point of Sale software is corrupt or damaged.
- Beta version of Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 on the computer.
- Microsoft .NET Framework improperly installed.
- CD of you software you are using to install QuickBooks is may be damaged.
- Firewall settings are not allowing the installation process.
- Windows registry gets damaged or corrupt.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1706: Resolve Intuit Point Of Sale Issue
There are several troubleshooting methods for QuickBooks POS Error 1706. Let’s have a look at the given steps and follow accordingly:
Solution 1: Download the Microsoft Fixit Tool or System File Checker Tool
- Download and System File Checker tool (SFC) and install it by using the /scan now option.
- This will try to repair all Windows operating system files comprising of Microsoft .NET Framework.
Solution 2: Reinstall the QuickBooks Point of Sale software
You may have to perform uninstall and reinstall again the Point of Sale to resolve QuickBooks Error 1706. So follow the simple steps:
- First of all, from the start menu of QuickBooks, Open the Control Panel.
- After that go to the Programs and Features section and select QuickBooks POS.
- Click on Uninstall the QuickBooks POS and then follow the step to uninstall properly.
- Now, you can use a fresh installation source for a clean installation of QuickBooks POS.
Solution 3: Check the Latest Product Release and Update the QuickBooks POS for Desktop
If you attempt to install an out-of-date version of QuickBooks Point of sale, you can potentially encounter QuickBooks Error 1706. They are incompatible with the version you currently have. Therefore, updating it to the most recent release can fix the problem.
- Open the product update section of your system.
- Confirm that the Point of sale application is marked as a product.
- Follow the onscreen steps to install updated manually.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your system.
- Then try to use QuickBooks Point of sale or check if the error is resolved or not.
Users who recently updated to Windows 10 have experienced this issue. The issue indicates that the Windows registry entries made by the Point of Sale have been erased or altered. As the entries are entered again into Windows, reinstalling the software is advised to resolve this QuickBooks point of sale issue 1706.
You can contact a QuickBooks error consultant if the Intuit-recommended actions above don’t resolve the problem and the error continues. Make a call to them to resolve QuickBooks error 1706. If you are unable to reach them, you may use kayabooks.com.