Possible Causes, Symptoms, and Solutions for QuickBooks Error 6105
One of the most popular programmes for accounting and bookkeeping is called QuickBooks. A user-friendly interface and functions that help reduce manual labour have led users all across the world to believe that QB is the greatest programme.
Many users have recently complained of a problem with their company file known as QuickBooks Error 6105. Typically, this issue happens when your data file is corrupted or the support/component files are broken and become unreachable. Running the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub is one of the quickest ways to fix this issue. However, if that is insufficient support, read our advisory blog below.
We understand that not all of our QuickBooks users are computer literate and may not be able to resolve QuickBooks Error 6105 on their own. To help you with these inquiries, we have assembled a team of QB experts. Call them at +1 (800) 443-6819 for better assistance.
What is Error 6105 in the QuickBooks Company File?
A user may get QuickBooks Error 6105 when attempting to access their company file. This could occur if the file contains errors, is broken, experiences internal malfunctions, or gets corrupted as a result of a computer infection. When a user tries to compress a large corporate file, this issue also appears in that case.
Why Is Error Message 6105 in QuickBooks Raised?
If you are wondering how did QB Error Code 6105 is triggered on your device, here is a list of some common factors that will provide clarity on the reasons behind the same –
- The primary reason behind this error is a damaged QB company data file.
- If the component or support files for QuickBooks are corrupted, then also QuickBooks 6105 Error (While opening the company file) might occur.
- Incomplete download or installation of QuickBooks updates.
- Working on a corrupted Windows operating system.
- Incorrect file name or an invalid extension attached to the name of the file.
How Can I Confirm Error Code 6105 In QuickBooks?
Look for the following indications on your computer to determine if QuickBooks Desktop Error 6105 is present in your programme. These will enable you to verify the error:
- It’s possible for QuickBooks to stop responding to user queries or to show a white, blank screen.
- Your system could abruptly shut down without prior notice.
- It’s possible that other system-running apps begin to experience technical difficulties.
- Your application’s overall performance will start to suffer.
- The tabs or buttons in the QB window could not be accessible to the user.
How Can Error 6105 in the Company Data File of QuickBooks be Fixed?
The most effective ways to fix Error 6105 in QuickBooks are described and mentioned below. Follow the instructions in the stated sequence and go on to the next technique if the first one doesn’t work.
Option 1 – Execute the Verify and Rebuild Data Utility on your File
Damage or corruption in the company file can be cured by identifying and fixing the damage through in-built utilities of QuickBooks. This is how it is done –
- Press the File tab and scroll down to Utilities.
- Select the Verify Data option and click on OK to run the tool.
- This may take a few minutes to complete, after which either of the following messages will appear –
- “QuickBooks detected no problems with your data” means there is no issue.
- A particular error message will ask you to follow the prompt displayed on the screen.
- “Your data has lost integrity” indicates that you need to run the Rebuild Data tool.
- Go to File again, then Utility, and choose to Rebuild Data.
- Create a backup for your file and let the tool start running.
- Once the message “Rebuild has completed” comes up, you can close the window and launch QuickBooks.
Option 2 – Change the Extension of the QuickBooks Support Files
Only by voiding the existing files and creating new ones can damage in the QB files be repaired. The best method to accomplish this is to modify the extensions so that QB automatically creates them.
- Open the folder that holds your QuickBooks files.
- Search for the below listed support files –
- Network data file – company file name.nd.
- Transaction log file – company file name.tlg.
- Select one of the files, right-click on it and click on Rename.
- In order to change the extension, type .OLD at the end of the file’s name.
- Follow the same steps for the other support file –
- Company file name.nd.OLD.
- Company file name.tlg.OLD.
- Save the changes and close the window.
- Try to access your company file in QuickBooks Desktop to see that the error has disappeared.
Option 3 – Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
An application’s bugs are completely removed when you reinstall it, and a new, error-free version is installed in its place.
- Close the QuickBooks programme and your file.
- In the search box, tap the Windows symbol and enter “Control Panel.
- Click on the Programs and Features tab in the ensuing window.
- On the following screen, click Uninstall a Program to view a list of programmes.
- Locate QuickBooks Desktop, then select it. Then click the Uninstall/Change button.
- Selecting Remove the software after clicking OK. Click Next.
- Follow the on-screen wizard to complete the process. And now your application has been uninstalled.
- Restart your computer.
- After this, you need to navigate to the folder in which QuickBooks files are stored.
- Search for the installation file and double-click on it to begin with the installation.
- Complete the process and restart your device again. Check if the issue is resolved in QuickBooks
We have now completed our in-depth blog post about QuickBooks Error 6105. Hopefully, after reading the aforementioned information, you were able to recognise and correct the issue. It is essential to visit an expert to check into this if that is not the case and the issue persists. Call our support staff at +1 (800) 443-6819 to get in contact.